Earth Science, Please Help Thanks?
Brooke Asked: Earth Science, Please Help Thanks?
1. The footprints of a dinosaur are an example of what type of fossil? (1 point)
2. Differences in ocean-surface height can be measured by ____. (1 point)
none of the above
3. Which of the following is associated with mid-ocean ridges? (1 point)
4. Which regions are thought to be the most level places on Earth? (1 point)
5. Where does seafloor spreading occur? (1 point)
at convergent plates
near the ocean surface
at divergent plates
6. Biogenous sediment is made up of ____. (1 point)
minerals from land
shells and skeletons of marine organisms
minerals from the ocean
7. The highest salinity would be found in which of the following areas? (1 point)
an area with high rates of precipitation
an area with high rates of evaporation
an area with plenty of runoff
all of the above
8. Where would you find the lowest density seawater? (1 point)
surface mixed zone
9. According to the conveyor belt model of ocean circulation, what happens when water reaches the poles? (1 point)
The salinity of the water increases.
The salinity of the water decreases.
The density of the water decreases.
The temperature of the water increases.
10. Which of the following is NOT true about a wave in the open ocean? (1 point)
Water particles move in a circular path.
The wave form moves forward, but the water particles do not advance appreciably.
Water particles travel with the wave.
As the wave travels, water particles pass the energy along by moving in a circle.
11. When is the daily tidal range greatest? (1 point)
12. Which of the following structures is built to protect boats from large breaking waves? (1 point)jetty
13. Which of the following is true about equinoxes? (1 point)
They occur in June and December.
The suns vertical rays are striking either 23.5 S or 23.5 N.
Days and nights are equal in length everywhere.
The length of daylight in the Arctic and Antarctic Circles is 24 hours.
14. Earth receives energy from the sun through what method of heat transfer? (1 point)
none of the above
15. Which of the following best describes the temperatures of a city located along a windward coast? (1 point)
warmer summer temperatures than an inland location at the same latitude
cooler summer temperatures than an inland location at the same latitude
summer temperatures that are very similar to an inland location at the same latitude
winter temperatures that are less mild than an inland location at the same latitude
16. Isotherms are lines that connect points of equal ____. (1 point)
17. A cold, dry air mass that moves over warm, tropical waters will likely become ____. (1 point)colder and drier
warmer and drier
colder and wetter
warmer and wetter
18. A cT air mass is ____. (1 point)
cold and dry
cold and wet
hot and dry
hot and wet
19. Which of the following is considered to be a boundary between two different air masses? (1 point)
both warm front and cold front
neither warm front nor cold front
20. Which stage happens first in the life cycle of a middle-latitude cyclone? (1 point)
A front forms.
Wave shape forms.
Air flows counterclockwise.
Be The First To Answer This Question…
Got a better answer? Share it below!